Looking for some serious hands-on advanced training? Get a mouthful of the SSW Tech
Usually held on the Last Friday of every month, the SSW Tech Breakfast is
a great way to keep up-to-date on the latest technical developments and development
methods. The sessions are led by industry leader Adam Cogan, Microsoft Regional Director. Check out what's coming up
and register today - be quick, there is a limit of 15 delegates per seminar and
numbers fill up fast!
- As you can see Brian Randell and Ken Getz drop by for the occasional breakfast.
Key Features & Benefits
Check out SSW's Tech Breakfast main benefits:
- Renowned speakers with years of industry experience.
- Interactive, hands-on sessions on the latest technology
- All attendees will receive a free copy of "Developers Guide to Upgrading to
Microsoft .NET" including 2 CDs - Visual Basic .NET and ASP.NET Upgrade CDs.
- Code samples to plug in
- Tips and tricks to use today
- Delicious, healthy breakfast
- Satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back
- When you attend a full price Tech Breakfast you can purchase any single license
SSW Software Product for 30% of the regular price
- Every attendee will receive an SSW Certificate of Completion signed by Adam Cogan.
The Teaching Format
The SSW Tech Breakfasts are intensive, in-depth, hands-on sessions enabling you
to master the finer details of .NET technologies and return to work with knowledge
of how to create impressive, robust applications.
We believe in hands-on approach to training. Each session is limited to only 15
delegates and filled with practical real-world exercises. For your convenience,
you can even bring along your laptop.
Adam Cogan is the Chief
Architect at SSW, a Microsoft Certified Partner specializing in Office and .NET
Solutions. At SSW, Adam has been developing custom solutions for businesses across
a range of industries such as Government, banking, insurance and manufacturing since
1990 for clients such as Microsoft, Quicken, and the Fisheries Research and Development
Friday, 27th November 2010 8:00am-11:00am
Location: SSW, Sydney
Come and see Adam Cogan explain what works well with SharePoint and Office for Mary and the other
First you will get an overview of what is great about having SharePoint in your business.
Then see real world examples of:
- Using SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010 together
- Where it fits with other important Microsoft products like CRM 4 and TFS
- Examples of how Word and Excel can be integrated into business processes (separate from SharePoint), and then followed by
- Examples of how Word, Excel, PowerPoint can be combined with SharePoint to improve visibility/searchability/versioning across the company
- Overview of how data can be synchronized between SharePoint and external data sources (eg using Access and Excel)
- Overview of what 'workflow' really means!
- How Office can be incorporated into company workflows with SharePoint
- Extending SharePoint with Office SharePoint Designer 2010 (free!)
- Where VBA and VSTO fit in terms of how solutions can be developed
- Examples of other interesting Office/SharePoint integrations (eg the the Atlassian SharePoint Connector and Atlassian Office Connector)
This is a good chance for you to consider new ways of using Office in your company,
along with pitfalls to avoid. Adam gets excited about this session because too often companies limit Office to just an email application,
word processor and spreadsheet - completely missing the positive impact it can have on the entire business process.
At only $150 plus GST per session, the SSW Tech Breakfasts represent great value
and include a full continental breakfast and morning tea. We provide significant
discounts for group bookings or those who book multiple sessions in advance. For
more details call on (02)9953 3000 or email us.
Suggest a Training Session
At SSW we are committed to providing you with training sessions that you want. Here's
your chance to play a key role and suggest to us what you really want to learn about.
Whether it be a new topic or you would like us to invite particular presenter, we'd
love to hear about it. Email us with your suggestion.
Terms and Conditions
Note: As audience interaction changes from session to session, SSW cannot
guarantee to cover all items listed for each session. If you have a burning desire
to hear about a particular item, please mention it to the speaker during the session.
Cancellations: If you are unable to attend after enrolment, you may send
a replacement. Cancellations may receive a refund if made 5 days before commencement
of a course. SSW reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event.