Architectural decisions have a great impact on the subsequent quality of software implementations. Is your system using the most appropriate technology? Is the system designed for future needs, not only for today's deadlines?
SSW implements strict standards on all code produced. Implementing strict coding standards means your code can be easily read, easily modified and easily tested. Our experts are experienced in VB, VBA, VB.NET, ASP, ASP.NET and C#.
We will analyze your code and architecture and will help you bring everything into line with best practices and our exhaustive coding standards. Additionally, we measure your code with our award winning tool SSW Code Auditor. It's a great product, but it can only do so much - you still should get an expert to review your application.
An Architecture and Code Review can help by:
- Discovering problems early; it's much easier and cheaper to fix issues early in the project
- Improving performance, scalability and reliability
- Reviewing necessary and unnecessary tests
- Ensuring the application can be maintained and extended easily in the future
- Making sure you use the right technology for the job
SSW tackles these problems head on in line with the fourth principle of Extreme Programming - courage. Design for change.
Contact us now to arrange an Architecture and Code Review.
For new projects, there are many where the specifications we are given are often lacking or incomplete. This option is for clients that already have a specification and/or mockups. Our Business Analyst gives feedback on their specifications and then gives a set of estimates for the work.
Contact us now to arrange a Specification Review
Tip: Doing this one day review before coding can save weeks of development.
Is your team as effective and efficient as possible? Without proper team processes, your project will suffer and deadlines will be missed.
SSW experts have streamlined processes for hundreds of projects and know what it takes to bring a project back on track. We have developed a comprehensive set of rules for successful projects.
Our experienced Scrum Masters and Mentors can help your team define and prioritize their tasks and work effectively to well-defined goals. We're experts in Application Lifecycle Management and know how to make the most of TFS and Scrum to deliver projects on time and on budget.
A Team and Process Review can help by:
- Discovering problems with your process
- Improving specifications and how you define the requirements for your project
- Ensuring you remain agile and adaptable to change
- Guiding you on the best way to use TFS for maximum efficiency and traceability
Contact us now to arrange a Team and Process Review.
99% of users don't read manuals, so your software must be intuitive and consistent. Establishing consistency in your User Interface design is challenging. There are many standards available, but too often developers and application designers unknowingly choose a non-standard approach.
SSW has fixed problems where they had:
- Many frustrated users
- Very low adoption rate (which often leads to project failure)
- Users that disparaged the software to new users (leading to a negative initial attitude)
SSW is great at improving old and cluttered UI's – to follow the UI standards for Web and Windows
PS: We also have done many Access Apps- take a look at how we fast-forwarded an old, barely usable Access application into an ultra-fast, consistent and modern user experience.
Contact us now to arrange a User Interface Review.
Your website is your point of presence on the Internet. It's great to have a good website but there is no point to this unless people can find it. The number 1 way to reach new clients is through search engines, in particular Google, which claims to be used by 70% of Internet users. SSW's SEO Consultants are the most experienced and know Google’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques backwards - see our Rules to Better Google Rankings. Search Engine Optimization requires a consistent and thorough approach to make sure all your website's pages are optimized.
Contact us now to arrange Search Engine Optimization for your website
Designing a database incorrectly means a real headache later on. Your database could be the bottleneck in your application, if it is not designed well it can slow the application right down.
Poor database structure gives:
- Performance nightmares (e.g. Index problems)
- Unnecessary Data redundancy (duplicate data stored in the database)
- Loss of Data Integrity (e.g. missing transactions)
- Difficulty in changing the database structure later on
We will review all your database objects to check for weaknesses, as well as common mistakes that developers make. Additionally, we measure up your database against our exhaustive SQL Server standards using our product SSW SQL Auditor.
Contact us now to arrange a Database Structure Review.
If you're finding that your software is reaching its limits of capacity, SSW can provide a performance review of your application to target specific areas for improvements.
- Specify the load (e.g. number of simultaneous user requests) and
- Set performance goals (e.g. <2 second average response time)
We will analyze your database query design, system architecture and code structure to provide you with a set of recommendations and specifications.
Contact us now to arrange a Performance Review.
Whether it's because of industry requirement, or your peace of mind, SSW can provide a third party review of your application to target specific issues for improvements.
We look at:
- Authentication process of identifying who the user is
- Authorization what the user can do within the application
- Licensing to control the usage of the software
- Validation of all inputs in the system
- Software Licensing protection mechanisms
- Methodologies and best practices to reduce your exposure to hostile attacks
- Logging who is doing what and when