- Issue management system built on .NET Platform and Outlook.
- Comprehensive feature-set.
- Pay nothing for Full Version!
Turn your Inbox into a task-tracking system with SSW eXtreme Emails!
More than simply bug tracking software for Outlook, SSW eXtreme Emails can help
you manage your email more effectively.
Allocate tasks, set priorities, assign due dates and get progress reports without
re-entering any data, all while working in the familiar Microsoft Outlook environment.
Written in .NET, this Outlook COM Add-In lets you take control of your email.
Check SSW Agile Template for managing projects within Microsoft TFS.
Key Features & Benefits
SSW SSW eXtreme Emails! enables you to use Microsoft Outlook as an:
- intelligent bug tracking and project management system
- Email is transformed
from an unstructured information source into a data-centric tool, permitting reports
and data analysis
- allows you to categorize emails as work tasks (or 'incidents'),
and assign properties to permit tracking of those tasks
- Especially useful for
companies who use email as a communication tool, you can use Exchange Public Folders
to share information internally or over the Internet
- SSW eXtreme Emails! finally
allows you to make sense of your email
Use Microsoft Outlook emails to manage your company SSW eXtreme Emails intergrates
directly into Microsoft Outlook so that you can use your inbox to manage how your
Helps manage projects and their bugs effectively Turns all the emails in
your inbox into tasks that you can use as your bug tracking tool.
Generates customizable reports for progress analysis SSW eXtreme Emails!
has several inbuilt reports that are customizable to allow you to report on the
status of tasks.
Assigns and manage tasks in each project With SSW eXtreme Emails! you can
assign a task to a particular person and generate reports on each project.
Assign properties to an email (or incident) using the interface SSW eXtreme
Emails! extends Outlook's mail items to include properties like:
and many more...
- Estimated Hours
- Actual Hours
Use Microsoft Exchange Public Folders to share incidents, or store incidents in your
Inbox directory SSW eXtreme Emails! integrates with Microsoft Exchange Server
to provide you with a powerful tool to manage your projects and share tasks between
different staff all in the one centralized location.
Integration with Team Foundation Server SSW eXtreme Emails! integrates with
Team Foundation Server (TFS) to enable you to manage your project progress by easily
Manage projects, provide estimates, enable debriefs
The built in reports allow you to sent clients estimates, debriefs and Test Please
emails on the project, providing you with a great tool for communication with your
Built using Microsoft Visual Studio Tools For Office (VSTO)
- Eliminates notorious bugs from the previous interop assemblies
- Plugins built
using a .NET library
Perfect for software developers using eXtreme Programming or any Time Billing company
SSW eXtreme Emails is the perfect tool for use with XP - that's why we created SSW
Welcome to the User Guide. This help facility is designed
to quickly get you up and running using our software.
- If you are in Sydney, call
today for a free no-obligation demonstration at your office!
- If you are not in Sydney, please take advantage of our SSW Phone
Walkthrough. The SSW Phone Walkthrough is a service where we will
call you, anywhere in the world and once you have installed our product
we will guide you over the important features of the software. Saves
you time, playing around with the software trying to work out all the
useful features, please email
Why have we developed another Bug Tracking Tool?
Believe me, we didn't want to. There are many decent tools out there, but nothing
good enough. We have tried others including:
- Nice web based solution
- Nice reports
- Web interface - constant roundtrips to server
- No offline ability
- Very slow to enter bugs online - so many fields
- Easy to enter bugs (not many fields to fill out)
- A customers email is transferred to the database
- Web interface - constant roundtrips to server
- No offline ability
- The fact that they have include email functionality - why take me away from Outlook
- When you reply to the email, the email you send to the customer is not the same as the one they sent to you (different format, missing screen captures)
- The way it allows "Public Submissions" - we prefer customers to email us, and we first try and resolve with a KB, otherwise we decide if it goes into the 'bug database' (public folder) for fixing
- The "Attach a File" feature - Uploading files is a pain
- When you resolve a bug it stays on the list, with little indication it has been resolved. I think it would be an improvement if they used strike-though for resolved bugs.
- The feature that the developer resolves a bug and the customer closes the bug. They try to make this system work with warnings like "Remember, it is your responsibility to check if the resolution is satisfactory and close the case after it is resolved." Developers should close - clearly the system breaks down because only conscientious customers are going to bother to close bugs.
- Don't like the noisy dashboard. When I click OK, I don't want to see the same screen again.
- Only Administrators can enter new project and areas
Seapine Software's TestTrack Pro
- Well Architected
- Very flexible (custom fields, etc.)
- Provides both Rich Client and Web-Based front ends
- Very Confusing
- Difficult/tedious to enter a bug
- Inefficient tab-based UI
Major Problem: Bugs come from users in Emails...
All of these systems either require you to enter the email in the system or they
read the email and make a duplicate in their bug tracking system (and usually store
them in a database of some kind)
The approach we took with SSW eXtreme Emails! was not to make a duplicate but to
add properties onto the mail item within Outlook to manage and track bugs. This
has the additional benefit of keeping users in the familiar Outlook environment.
How it Works
As a bug tracking tool for Outlook, SSW eXtreme Emails! takes advantage of the most
commonly used means of communication - email. Utilizing the User Properties extension
within Microsoft Outlook, SSW eXtreme Emails! assigns extra properties to email.
This permits querying against your email similar to querying against SQL Server
or Access. eXtreme Emails! does away with two common problems of incident tracking
systems, duplicate data entry and uploading images over a slow connection. Just
by using HTML format in your email, sending screen shots becomes a breeze!
SSW eXtreme Emails comes with some
great reports (which you can customize)
If you can't find what you are looking for in the product documentation then check
our knowledge base
for further information and tips about this product.
Please send us bug reports
feedback so that we can evolve our software into a product that matches
your requirements. We guarantee a response.
OL97: Using Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items (Q158135) Microsoft Support Page
Programming Microsoft Outlook with Visual Studio .NET Microeye Web Site
151241 XCLN: How to Work with Public Folders Offline KBAlertz
See SSW eXtreme Emails in action. Download the SSW eXtremeEmail Video Demo (27MB)
Figure: SSW eXtreme Emails Video Demo
I'm Sold... What's next?
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.