Develop Applications more efficiently while following best practices with the SSW .NET Toolkit
The SSW .NET Toolkit is an example of a distributed multi-layer application based on
the Microsoft Northwind database. Designed by Developers for Developers, the real-world source can be used as
a model and basis for custom-designed applications perfect for
small and medium enterprise (SME) applications. Microsoft's examples like
IBuySpy are code intensive and marketed towards
architects, not developers. The SSW .NET Toolkit delivers more functionality using less code.
The .NET Toolkit currently contains ten parts:
- Part A demonstrates how to use
extended providers for validation, and how to implement searching
through records in a database, as well as how to implement SSW
Exception Reporter (an extended version of the Configuration Block).
- Part B shows demonstrations on our standard
Rules to Better Interfaces
- Part C implements database deployment from one of our most popular
products SSW SQL Deploy. This demonstrates how
we deal with the on-going SQL script changes for Client databases.
- Part D shows no touch deployment.
- Part E shows better web applications.
- Part F shows a bad and a good example for a Northwind Windows application.
- Part G shows using exception reporting service (aka LadyLog)
- Part H shows a good example for a Northwind Web application (TODO).
- Part I shows a good example of a Northwind WPF application (TODO).
- Part J shows a good example of a Northwind Silverlight application (TODO).
- Figure: Part F of the .NET Toolkit showing the way Northwind should be done in .NET (this originally done by Microsoft in Access)
Online User Guide
- If you are in Sydney, call
today for a free no-obligation demonstration at your office!
- If you are not in Sydney, please take advantage of our SSW Phone
Walkthrough. The SSW Phone Walkthrough is a service where we will
call you, anywhere in the world and once you have installed our product
we will guide you over the important features of the software. Saves
you time, playing around with the software trying to work out all the
useful features, please email
What does the unregistered version give me?
In respect to the unregistered version we know you want to see it
working before you buy it. We aim for that.
Note: we also give free version targeted to the little guys
More details see http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/KB/KB.aspx?KBID=Q658302
SSW provides free phone and email support to answer queries on
Please send us bug reports and feedback
so that we can evolve our software into a product that matches your requirements. We guarantee a response.
If you are having trouble with converting the .NET Toolkit Solution for
use with Visual Studio 2005 see