Last updated by Tiago Araújo [SSW] on 12 Mar 2021 08:35 pm (about 2 months ago) See History
Do you get a developer to test the migration?
It is important to get another developer to check the migration for issues.
They should follow these steps:
- Start Visual Studio 2013
- Open Team Explorer and connect to the new TFS Server
- Confirm that they can:
- Source Code - Browse the projects and code using the Source Code Explorer
- Source Code Operations - Get Latest on a file, make a change and check in
- Source Code History - View the history of a number of files in different projects
- Work Items - Browse and view recent work items
- Open Visual Studio 2015 and repeat steps 1 to 3.
- Test that your builds complete successfully on the upgraded build controller(s) and agent(s).
- Check that they can create a new Team Project in Visual Studio 2015
Congratulations! You've completed a successful migration!