Are you implementing a Microsoft Virtualization Solution? We can help
Perhaps you've used Microsoft Virtual Server, Virtual PC or VMWare Workstation or
Server in the past and is now looking for a corporate Server Virtualization strategy
using Microsoft virtualization technology. We recommend Microsoft Hyper-V - the
fastest growing virtualization solution on the market today.
Server virtualization is a hot topic in IT currently because of the potential for
saving money on physical hardware, electricity and cooling. With Hyper-V, it's easier
than ever to take advantage of the cost savings of virtualization through Windows
Server 2008 R2. Optimize your server hardware investments by consolidating multiple
server roles as separate virtual machines running on a single physical machine,
efficiently run multiple different operating systems in parallel, on a single server,
and fully leverage the power of x64 computing.
With the release of Windows Server 2008 R2, a new feature of Hyper-V was released
called Live Migration. Live Migration utilizes Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering
features to enable you to migrate running VMs from one physical computer to another
without any interruption to service.
SSW can help you install, setup, manage and backup your Hyper-V solution. SSW runs
its own Hyper-V infrastructure consisting over 10+ physical servers and 50+ virtual
machines, so you can be sure that our consultants have hands on experience when
it comes to supporting your Hyper-V in a critical business environment.
- Are your servers in a data centre? Reduce rack space expenditure by consolidating
- Are your servers in your office? Reduce power consumption and cooling costs by consolidating
- Your servers will be contained in a single Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) file - take
copies of all your critical servers home with you on a USB drive!
- Perfect for testing and development - create and test a wide variety of scenarios
in a safe, self-contained environment
- Have an important software update to perform but are concerned it may affect your
current system? Take a snapshot before you upgrade so you can roll back the changes
quickly and easily
- Backup your VMs while they are switched on using DPM2010 http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/data-protection-manager.aspx
- Need to perform maintenance on a physical server? No worries - live migrate all
the VM's off the physical host and start maintenance work with no down time
Why Choose Hyper-V over VMWare?
Hyper-V provides the following advantages over VMWare
- You already own it if you have Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) files can be easily copied to a USB drive or network location
for peace of mind
- Cheaper than VMWare - read more here.
- Backup a system while it is live using Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- A familiar interface - if you are comfortable using Windows 2008 server you will
be comfortable managing Hyper-V.
Technology Required For Hyper-V
- A processer that supports Hardware Assisted Virtualization.
- If you already have Windows Server 2008 R2 in your business, you are ready to take advantage of virtualization and start consolidating your infrastructure today!
- If you wish to take advantage of high availability and Live Migration, a SAN and a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Data Centre edition is required.
We have consultants available in all Australian capital cities including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Canberra.