If you use mobile apps on a Windows Phone, an Android phone, or an iPhone then you know that mobile phones become an essential tool for business just like a laptop
or briefcase. Wireless providers are increasing their bandwidth and accessibility, opening up more opportunities than ever before. Businesses are gaining competitive
edge through apps that allow them to communicates faster and perform better.
Mobile Application Development is a growing trend in today’s market. Convenience and accessibility have become key factors in why a business solution achieves success. There are 3 main mobile platforms to target in the current market: Windows Phone, Android & iPhone. SSW develops mobile applications in a cross platform way, to ensure that your investments in one platform can easily be brought to another platform.
- Customised mobile applications with creative content control such as text, images audio, video and rich functionality
- Integration with your backend systems and databases to provide clients with real time access to information on their mobile devices
- Experienced and specialised graphic and UX designers
- Figure: A small mobile device can be used for the big solutions in the business world
- Xamarin native cross platform app development
- Phone gap / Visual Studio Cordova for HTML based cross platform apps
- Apple iOS development for iTouch devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)
- Android Mobile
- Windows Phone 8
- Mobile-targeted websites using Responsive Design
- React Native
Xamarin & Universal Apps
Xamarin allows for the development of native applications that can be built for multiple platforms. SSW uses this technology when working with clients as it brings the best combination of development speed & flexibility. Rather than rebuilding 3 separate apps in each platforms SDK (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), Xamarin can be used to share the core business logic across all the applications, significantly reducing the work required to release an app on multiple platforms.
- Figure: Xamarin apps share code across all platforms
Learn how Miguel et al started Mono, how they ended up at Xamarin, and, potentially, where they’re heading in the future with their excellent cross-platform development technologies based on .NET.
Watch related videos
SSW has built solutions using the following hardware specializations:
- Rugged devices
Get some ideas from the Tech NZ Wristbands videos on SSW TV:
Mobile Apps Showcase
- Figure: insQuote – a quotation system for builders
- Figure: Coochie – an application for a lawn-care company
- Figure: Manad Plus – an iPod application for managing observations in aged-care facilities
- Figure: jTrac – an application for Building Surveyors
We have consultants available in all Australian capital cities including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Canberra.