Massively increase your output of work
To get the most out of Scrum, an organisation needs to have an appreciation for how the methodology works and who plays what role in making Scrum the success that it is, so SSW are now offering Professional Tailored Scrum Training, filling the gap in the Professional Scrum Developer and Professional Scrum Master training courses, which are targeted at specialised teams.
The Professional Tailored Scrum Training is a unique and intensive experience for CEOs, Executives, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Software Developers, Testers and Architects. The course guides teams on how to turn product requirements into potentially shippable increments of software using the Scrum framework.
Students learn through instruction and team-based exercises, and are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
Training can be tailored to deliver any or all of the course objectives below. For example, you may have certified Professional Scrum Developers and Professional Scrum Masters within your organisation, in which case we can tailor a course targeting non-technical personal such as department managers, business stakeholders and executives. Or your organisation may not have any Scrum expertise, in which case we can tailor a course to train Developers, Scrum Masters, Business Stakeholders, Executives and anyone else who may benefit, effectively bringing all parties within your organisation together, dispelling myths, giving a clear understanding of who does what and how Scrum will work for you.
The course can be tailored to include any or all of the following:
- The Scrum Framework
- Scrum Theory and Principals
- Cross-functional, Self-organizing Teams
- Coaching and Facilitation
- Scrum at Large (Identify waste and scaling options within a team to increase the effectiveness of the team in delivering releasable software)
- Form effective teams
- Explore and understand legacy "Brownfield" architecture
- Define quality attributes, acceptance criteria, and "done"
- Create automated builds
- How to handle software hotfixes
- Verify existence and elimination of bugs
- Plan releases and sprints
- Estimate product backlog items
- Create and manage a sprint backlog
- Hold an effective sprint review
- Improve your process by using Sprit Retrospectives
- Use emergent architecture to avoid technical debt
- Use Test Driven Development as a design tool
- Setup and leverage continuous integration
- Use Test Impact Analysis to decrease testing times
- Use refactoring practices effectively
- Create and manage test plans and cases
- Create, run, record, and play back manual tests
- Setup a branching strategy and branch code
- Write more maintainable code
- Identify and eliminate people and process dysfunctions
- Inspect and improve your team’s software development process
- Manage SQL Server development in an Agile way
- Use .NET and T-SQL refactoring effectively
- Build, deploy, and test SQL Server databases
This course can be tailored to suit:
- Business Stakeholders
- Database Developers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
Keep in mind that everyone who attends will be expected to commit to work and pull their weight on the team.
What will be expected of you?
This is a unique tailored course in that it's technically-focused, team-based, and employs timeboxes.
All attendees must commit to:
- Pay attention to all lectures and demonstrations
- Participate in team and group discussions
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Obey the timebox for each activity
- Commit to work and do your best to deliver
If you'd like to have this course run for your company, and have a minimum of 5 people, please either:
Send an email
or call +61 2 9953 3000
Starting at $4,200+GST/day (depending upon location)