What does the SSW Link Auditor do better than the Microsoft Front Page "Broken Hyperlinks" checker? (Deprecated Article)
NOTE: This article has been deprecated because Microsoft Front Page has been replaced with Microsoft Expression Web. For a related comparison, see this updated KB article
SSW Link Auditor has the following advantages:
- You don't need the original source code to scan all the links: SSW Link Auditor check hyperlinks against your real web site. Just give it a URL!
- Runs much faster: SSW Link Auditor is multi-threaded and developed in Microsoft .NET. It only takes around 3 minutes to check 25 pages with 1253 hyperlinks on them.
- More configurable: SSW Link Auditor wizard has some 40 useful options to customize your checking.
- Can limit the scope:With the Front Page Broken Hyperlinks checker, there isn't a way to check part of your site eg. www.ssw.com.au/ssw/standards/BetterSoftwareSuggestions so you are forced to scan the entire site and boy is that slow.
- Can run on a schedule:SSW Link Auditor supports running via the console, which make it easy to schedule your checking with Windows Scheduled Tasks.
- More friendly results: SSW Link Auditor includes a series of reports powered by Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Figure: SSW Link Auditor scan summary report
- Figure: SSW Link Auditor broken hyperlinks details report
- Figure: Front Page site summary
- Figure: Front Page broken hyperlinks details view
Microsoft Front Page's Broken Links has the following advantage:
- Double click to edit the broken hyperlinks
- Figure: pick up a broken one and fix directly in Front Page
SSW Link Auditor
SSW Custom Support