Canberra .NET Users Group - The Best Place to Learn .NET for Free in Canberra
We meet on the Monday before the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 6pm.
Microsoft Canberra Branch
Microsoft Canberra Branch
Level 4, 6 National Circuit
6pm - 7:30pm
There is no visitor parking at the office itself, but there is a very large open car park behind the office that is available for public use.
Print this map before you go.
Why - 3 Great Reasons to Attend The .NET User Group
* For information on why we spell this the American way.
- Build contacts
Every month, SSW hosts the Sydney .NET User Group where developers meet to exchange ideas and listen to presentations by local and international industry experts. Topics focus on .NET development, SharePoint and general ALM strategies . We also love discussing the latest industry news and exciting new trends.
Free to attend.
What people are saying
Developers are already good at writing code. Writing reams of code just digs you
deeper into an already deeply specialized skill. What I am proposing is that we
spend less time coding and more time developing skills in other areas that complement
our coding skills. Become a better writer. Become a better speaker. Improve your
personal skills. Participate in the community. Try to spend some time talking to
people instead of the compiler. That's how you distinguish yourself from your peers.
And that's ultimately how you become a better software developer, too.
Upcoming Session Details
- Monday, 15 September 2014
- Monday, 20 October 2014
- Monday, 17 November 2014
Add this to my Outlook Calendar - Evening - Microsoft Canberra Branch
We have lots of Microsoft DVD's and other prizes to give away.
This is how we run it:
Stuff we talk about?
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET (and Web Forms if we have to)
- CSS / HTML
- TFS and Scrum
- ALM tooling and processes (e.g. Continuous Integration)
- Office 365
Look forward to seeing you there!
I Would Like to Present
Most speakers present in both cities. The Canberra one is first, then we have the Sydney User Group which is live streamed the recording is posted on tv.ssw.com a couple of days later.
Every month the User Group is full of highly technical early adopters of technology and our attendees are always open to seeing presentations on the latest technologies. We welcome companies and guest presenters to present new topics and new gadgets. We do encourage you to delve beyond the sales and marketing pitch and show us how it was built, not just why it was built. Here's a quick list of some tips for presenters:
- Presentation needs to be directed at a highly technical audience (No sales pitch)
- Introduce new technology
- Samples and giveaway prizes for attendees are great
- Prior to the meeting do a rehearsal - make a time with Adam
- Send a summary of your presentation for inclusion into the SSW Newsletter (one week prior to the User Group)
- Your session will be recorded
– install either "Microsoft Expression Studio Encoder" or "Camtasia Studio" prior to the session Update: Now we just record the output from the projector cable. Much simpler for presenters
If you think you're up for the challenge and have something new to show us please
contact Adam Cogan.
Who Organizes It?
The User Group is organized by Adam Stephensen, who can be contacted at SSW on +61 2 9953 3000, by mobile on 0424 506 717 - or by email.
- Figure: This is Adam Stephensen. He runs the Canberra user group, does the news and is the man to speak to about presenting.
Past SSW Newsletters
By signing up for our newsletter you'll be kept informed about the latest upcoming
developer events and news. The User Group topic will only be known in advance to
recipients of the SSW Update so make sure you sign up so that you're guaranteed
that the topic at the next meeting is exactly what you're interested in. See previous
Past SSW Newsletters.
I'm Sold...What's Next?
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive NETUG updates!
You can advertize here as well - we get 46,000 unique visits a month.