I Would Like to Present at the .NET User Group
Most speakers present in all cities - Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and last is Sydney which is live streamed the recording is posted on tv.ssw.com a couple of days later.
Every month the User Group is full of highly technical early adopters of technology and our attendees are always open to seeing presentations on the latest technologies. We welcome companies and guest presenters to present new topics and new gadgets. We do encourage you to delve beyond the sales and marketing pitch and show us how it was built, not just why it was built. Here's a quick list of some tips for presenters:
- Presentation needs to be directed at a highly technical audience (No sales pitch)
- Introduce new technology
- Samples and giveaway prizes for attendees are great
- Prior to the meeting do a rehearsal - make a time with Adam
- Send a summary of your presentation for inclusion into the SSW Newsletter (one week prior to the User Group)
- Your session will be recorded by the guys from SSW TV straight from the projector cable. Very simpler for presenters
If you think you're up for the challenge and have something new to show us please contact Adam Cogan.
For the scheduled presenters, we will send you an email before the Sydney .NET User Group to remind you of things you need to bring/do.
Remember, the Sydney presentation is going to be recorded AND streamed live to our website, so our video guys want to make sure you're aware of a few things:
- Please be at the SSW Sydney Offices at 5:00 so we have enough time to get everything up and running properly. You can find the directions to our office here.
- Make sure that your laptop has a HDMI, Display Port, or a DVI connection. (Basically anything besides VGA)
- For more tips and tricks on better ways to enhance your presentations, read through our Rules to Better Powerpoint Presentations
- You will need to create 3 questions based on your presentation, to go with the video once it goes live. Please have these ready when you arrive to present