Australia's Leading Software Consultants
Why should you choose SSW?
Enterprise Software Development
SSW's Consulting Services have delivered the best breed Microsoft solutions for thousands of clients in 15 countries over more than 30 years. With over 100 consultants in 4 countries, SSW's developers are some of the best in the business. We have many Microsoft Certifications, several MVPs, and a Microsoft Regional Director.
We deliver scalable and extensible custom solutions with the future in mind. Our solutions improve businesses' bottom lines, with real time savings and long-term value. We will provide you with the competitive advantage you need.
- Screening – We only hire highly skilled people, and they have to do multiple rounds of interviews, communication tests, and day-long coding tests before they can work at SSW.
- Induction – We then run them through many weeks of onboarding and training, to ensure they know our coding, communication, and Scrum standards back to front.
- Ongoing Training – our strong retrospective culture means that we never stop learning. We take feedback seriously and always look for opportunities to better ourselves and our processes.
- Thought Leaders – many of our devs choose to utilise the platform that SSW gives them to become thought leaders in their field, and produce educational content in the form of videos on SSW TV (1k videos and 40k subscribers), articles on the SSW Rules, and speaking opportunities at the many User Groups we run and Developer Conferences.
- Specialists – We have very senior expertise across the full stack, including Cloud, Database, Back End, Front End, UX and Design, and DevOps. For example, many of our clients bring in a Cloud expert in for 1 Sprint, or a DevOps expert in to help optimise the pipeline.
We aim to build it right the first time. We reduce project risk through excellent communication, transparency, and fast feedback loops. We build powerful software with intuitive user experiences that allow people to automate complex tasks and see meaningful insights, and hopefully we can help your business to make better decisions.
We focus on 3 things:
- ✅ Getting you working software
- ✅ Keeping you informed
- ✅ Supporting your software once it's in production
SSW clients include medium sized companies (e.g. Hutchison Weller), government organizations (e.g. Tourism Australia), and large companies (e.g. Microsoft, Toll Transport, BUPA, Allianz, PwC, CBA, The University of Sydney, Brisbane Catholic Education). Additionally, SSW's website offers an abundance of downloads and resources for developers.
Our mission statement
To find the best way to do everything.
To identify and use best practices (in technology, DevOps, and Scrum) to navigate the dangers of software development and produce the best possible software solutions for our clients.
SSW is strong at Mastery, our Purpose is focused on ROI (mainstream technology, deploying often, and quality coding practices) and we aim for Team Aligned Autonomy.
Building the best software... on the Microsoft Stack and more!
Throw your next challenge at us!
Adam Cogan is SSW's Chief Architect. His position as one of only a few Australian Microsoft Regional Directors helps SSW deliver cutting edge Microsoft technology solutions. SSW has also hosted the Sydney .NET User Group, a prominent monthly tech education event, for the past 15 years.
In 1999, we were first recognized as a Microsoft Gold Partner – now renamed Microsoft Cloud Partner. Today SSW has competencies in a variety of areas, including Data & AI, and Digital & App Innovation.
SSW follows Rules to Better Project Management that are built on Agile development methodologies. Agile allows businesses to address their most important challenges first and respond quickly to change. Our rules advocate software consultants working in close consultation with business users, whether that be on-site or remote. We make sure our developers become integrated members of a client’s team, so the handover is smooth once our work is done.
All SSW developers undergo training for Microsoft qualifications (Microsoft Certified Professional) and are also frequent speakers at industry events and conferences. We have very competitive rates and flexible Terms and Conditions.
We have a proven track record of implementing technology solutions ranging from architecture and design consulting to database development and Business Intelligence solutions.
Based upon years of experience working closely with Microsoft, SSW always utilizes the best available technologies to deliver functional, value-adding software - faster.
Recent projects have used Angular, React, Vue, Azure, Azure DevOps (was TFS), SharePoint, Office 365, Blazor, .NET, WebAPI, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server. Learn more about our solutions.
The SSW team
SSW is made up of a great team of staff that is passionate about technology and how it meets business needs.
Want to meet them? Have a look at SSW People.
Why we're awesome
- We have a mature and flexible culture
- We have a great introduction phase to ensure the project is a good fit, including a FREE initial meeting
- We apply strict standards, so our devs work in a consistent manner
- We code cleanly using the 'less code is more' approach and use efficiency tools
- We minimize technical debt – we design projects to have lower maintenance down the line
- We are passionate about Scrum – our clients see efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and control
- We have a strong DevOps culture including CICD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- We give you our source code - we don't lock you into working with us
- We get on with Microsoft, but we're not purely Microsoft evangelists. We'll inform you about what's good and what's bad
- We frequently work alongside and exchange ideas with other major software companies, such as Microsoft, Telstra Purple, Azenix, ThoughtWorks, etc.
- We have a rigorous employment process which means we only get the smartest people who live and breathe technology
- We have an ongoing support system that continues even after the project is finished, meaning that we'll be right there with you to listen to your needs and ensure project stability from the beginning to the end
If you require any further information, don't hesitate to contact us.
We ❤️ Microsoft
SSW is a Microsoft Cloud Partner!
Microsoft Cloud Partners are the elite Microsoft Business Partners who earn the highest customer endorsement. They have the knowledge, skills, and commitment to help implement technology solutions that match your exact business needs. Microsoft Cloud Partners have passed the highest level of requirements from Microsoft and have demonstrated the most robust, efficient and scalable implementations of Microsoft technologies in demonstrated enterprise customer deployments or an on-site Microsoft assessment.
Philip Uren - System77
RDs are 120 partners in 50 countries. They speak many languages and have various areas of technical expertise. They are master presenters and consistently get the best scores when presenting to our customers. Regional directors are independent developers and architects, volunteers chosen for their leadership in their local technology circles, whose primary purpose is to share information about Microsoft technologies with their developer communities and to provide feedback from developers to Microsoft.
Regional directors have gained developers' trust by providing an objective viewpoint. Regional Directors are not Microsoft employees, so they tend to be very open about our products, both good and bad.
Adam is also a Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) for Microsoft Visual Studio Azure DevOps (formerly ALM... Visual Studio Team System... TFS).