Do you check if your website is running?
If you want to know your website is working or not, you need to add a ping check to the machine also an HTTP Content Scan to the website in WhatsUp. We use WhatsUp to do real-time monitoring. Follow these steps to check your website in WhatsUp:
- Add your website as a new device.
- Ping monitor is added automatically.
- Add an HTTP Content Scan monitor.
- Edit the scan script. In the script, you can see 2 keywords "Send" and "Expect". "Send" expression is an HTTP request to your website. "Expect" expression is a regular expression to check the key word in response from your website.
- Add the monitor to your device.
Once a device is down or up, a WhatsUp action will tell SQL Reporting Services to send out a notification report. Our report looks like this: