Do you know how to get approval to book a flight?
In order to book a flight, you will need to obtain your boss' approval.
When you need to book flights or accommodation for training or client work, liaise with the administration staff.
- Get your manager's approval to investigate bookings and confirm dates.
- Have a conversation with the receptionist/admin and provide some options for the bookings. Eg: “Fly from X to Z on (date) late PM?or “I have previously stayed at ABC Hotel for work for this client and it was a convenient location at a good price.?
- Receptionist/admin to research 2 or 3 options, aiming to keep the expenses low.
- Admin has a conversation with you, going over the options and confirming decisions based on the research provided.
- Final total to be approved by manager or Adam in an email (CC financial controller)
- Admin to book and send calendar appointments as per Booking Flights.
- When you receive a confirmation email for the booking, forward it to the financial controller for reconciliation with bank statements.
Admin - follow this rule to find the best flights: https://rules.ssw.com.au/do-you-know-how-to-book-better-flights
Get approval from your boss to make the booking by sending a purchase please email: https://rules.ssw.com.au/do-you-know-how-to-get-approval-for-a-purchase
Include the screen shot of the flight options and costs.
Await your boss' approval to purchase the flights. Chase up promptly, as flight costs increase.
Note: It's often a good idea to email to your boss' PA, to have the flights booked for you.