Last updated by Tiago Araújo [SSW] on 26 Feb 2021 10:51 pm (4 months ago) See History
Teamwork - Do you know the 5 dysfunctions of a team?
There are five interrelated issues that undermine the performance of a team:
- Absence of trust - If the members of the team do not trust each other then they cannot be totally honest with each other.
- Fear of conflict - Without trust people will not have the healthy debates that are necessary to arrive at better thought through decisions.
- Lack of commitment - If the team have not aligned behind a decision then the individual members who did not agree with the final decision will ultimately be less committed to that decision.
- Avoidance of accountability - If they are not committed to the course of action, then they are less likely to feel accountable (or hold other people accountable).
- Inattention to results - Consequently, they are less likely to care about the group results (and instead focus on achieving their own goals).
These are from the excellent book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni.