Production - Do you know how to record live video interviews on location?
Recording live video interviews on location can be difficult. The key to success is to make the process as simple as possible, so you continue to record and release interviews.
A good example of an effective but easy to record interview is:
Here are a few tips to simplify the process:
- The interviewer should hold the camera and interview the subject at the same time
- Keep a tight frame. Don’t have lots of empty space around the subject
- Use the rule of thirds. See:
- Don't zoom erratically – Ease in and ease out of zooms
- If someone starts speaking off camera, move to them slowly and smoothly without rushing (it is OK for them to talk off camera for a short time)
- To record both voices use a single shotgun microphone for both interviewer and subject