Do you know the best sample applications?
Before starting a software project and evaluating a new technology, it is important to know what the best practices are. The easiest way to get up and running is by looking at a sample application. Below is a list of sample applications that we’ve curated and given our seal of approval.
SQL Server 2017
- AdventureWorks & Northwind – https://github.com/Microsoft/sql-server-samples/releases/tag/adventureworks
SQL Server 2017 and Azure SQL Database
- WideWorldImporters Sample Database - https://github.com/Microsoft/sql-server-samples/tree/master/samples/databases/wide-world-importers
- **Tour of Heroes ** - https://angular.io/tutorial/ Default Angular sample app as part of the documentation
- Angular Music Store - https://github.com/SSWConsulting/enterprise-musicstore-ui-angular2 & https://github.com/SSWConsulting/enterprise-musicstore-api-aspnet WebAPI backend with an Angular frontend
- ngrx Example App - https://github.com/ngrx/platform/tree/master/projects/example-app Example application utilizing @ngrx libraries, showcasing common patterns and best practices
ASP.NET MVC + WebAPI
- MVC Music Store - http://mvcmusicstore.codeplex.com/
A nice simple sample of ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework
- MyCompany Demo - http://aka.ms/mycompanyapps More complicated sample showing off a lot of technologies as well as mobile platform
- Enterprise MVC Music Store - https://github.com/SSWConsulting/enterprise-musicstore-mvc4 & https://github.com/SSWConsulting/enterprise-musicstore-api-aspnet Music store sample with enterprise architecture using Entity Framework and the Onion Architecture