GitHub Repos - Do you write nice commit messages?
Reading ugly commits is not very pleasant and makes it very confusing when you have to check the commit history.
Ways to improve your commit log:
- "Fixed bug with emoji engine"
- "Added new emoji filter"
- "Updated Architecture Diagram to have emojis"
Even better is to add a helpful prefix to categorize your commits.
- "Fix: Fixed bug with emoji engine"
- "Feature: Added new emoji filter"
- "Doc: Updated Architecture Diagram to have emojis"
In a text message, emojis helps to add emotion and context to plain text. Why not use them in commit messages too 😃?
- "🐛 Fixed emoji engine in language component"
- "🚀 Added emoji filter on Snapchat"
- "📄 Added emoji’s to changelog"
There are a bunch more options to choose from - carloscuesta/gitmoji: An emoji guide for your commit messages. 😜 (github.com)
You can even go 🤘 hardcore and use the gitmoji cli - carloscuesta/gitmoji-cli: A gitmoji interactive command line tool for using emojis on commits. 💻 (github.com)
See what emojis work best with each topic here: https://gitmoji.dev/