$49 inc GST
This one-day event is designed to bring developers up-to-speed on the new features and benefits of using Microsoft Azure to build awesome cloud-based applications.
At SSW we have already gone through the hard work of learning how to implement apps on Azure and we will be showing you everything you need to know in a day to get started.
Part 1: Understanding Azure
In Part 1 we give you an overview of the pieces you are most likely to need to build enterprise web applications so that you get an idea of what you need to know to be able to build Azure applications.
Part 2: Azure HotShots - The Azure bits you didn’t know you needed to know
- Azure in 20 minutes - the Big Picture
- Machines in the cloud:
Virtual Machines, VM Scale Sets, Managed Disks and Azure Container Services
- App Services Overview:
Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps and Logic Apps
- Data and Storage overview: SQL Database, DocumentDB and Azure Storage
Azure is big. Really big. There are more than 60 different products that make up Azure and knowing which to invest time in is a serious challenge. This section gives you a very brief introduction to the parts of Azure you may have missed, so that when the time comes - you know about the tools at your disposal.
Part 3: Azure Service Bus Fundamentals
- App Services - Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps and Logic Apps
- Azure Functions
- Data and Storage: SQL Database, DocumentDB and Azure Storage, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Factory
- Azure Automation and Azure Resource Manager
- API Management
- Essential networking: Azure Traffic Manager and DNS
- Azure Bot Service
- Azure Backup & Site Recovery
- Azure Machine Learning & Cognitive Services
- Redis Cache & Azure Search
- Azure Active Directory, AD B2C & Multi-Factor Authentication
- Azure Key Vault & Azure Security Center
- Azure Scheduler & Azure Batch
- Azure Event Hubs & Notification Hubs
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Fabric
- Azure Media Services
- Application Insights
- Azure Advisor
- Azure CDN
- Machine Learning and Cognitive Services
The Azure Service Bus is a highly-reliable cloud messaging service between applications and services, even when one or more is offline. When building distributed applications the service bus makes it easy for each of your components to communicate.
In this section we will look at how to build an application composed of several small services and to communicate between those services.
Part 4: Serverless and a better life without servers
- An overview of the Azure Service Bus
- Queues, Topics and Relays and when each makes sense
- Why use a Service Bus
Azure Functions is a solution for easily running small pieces of code, or "functions," in the cloud. You can write just the code you need for the problem at hand, without worrying about a whole application or the infrastructure to run it. Azure Functions lets you develop serverless applications on Microsoft Azure.
Part 5: Building a cloud-based microservices API
- What is Serverless ?
- An intro to Azure Functions
- The difference between Serverless offerings:
Azure Functions vs AWS Lambda vs Google Cloud Functions
The last section of the day is about putting it all together. In this section we will walk through how we build scalable, maintainable enterprise applications using Microsoft Azure.
- Message based architectures
- Command Query Response Segregation
- Real-world microservices using Microsoft Azure
4 Freshwater Pl
Melbourne, VIC 3006
400 George Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Oracle, 6 Charles Ave
Broadbeach, QLD 4218
Gateway Court Suite 15
81-91 Military Road
Directions from CBD to SSW Sydney