$440 inc GST
25th - 26th (Thu - Fri) March 2021
9am - 5pm
In this hands-on workshop we will cover the best approach to building enterprise applications using Clean
Architecture and .NET Core. You will be building your own application from scratch.
The explosive growth of web frameworks and the demands of users have changed the approach to building
enterprise applications. Many challenges exist and just getting started can be a daunting prospect. Let's
change that now.
This hands-on workshop will provide practical guidance and recommendations. We will cover architecture,
technologies, tools and frameworks. We will examine strategies for organizing your projects, folders and
files. We will design a system that is simple to build and maintain - now and well into the future.
You will leave this hands-on workshop having developed the foundation and structure for your next enterprise
application, along with the knowledge to take your enterprise application development to the next level.
Who Should Attend
All developers who would like to learn more about Clean Architecture and / or .NET Core.
You will need a computer with the following software installed:
- .NET Core 3.1 SDK (Required)
- Visual Studio Code / 2019
All demonstrations will be provided using Visual Studio Code / 2019.
Part 1: Getting Started
- Create a new Web API with ASP.NET Core
- Building a Data Model with EF Core
- Creating ASP.NET Core Web API Controllers
- Adding API Help Pages with OpenAPI
Part 2: Beyond the Basics
- Architecture & Design
- Implementing CQRS with MediatR
- Building High Performance Queries with EF Core
- Simplifying Object-Object Mappings with AutoMapper
- Advanced Validation with FluentValidation
- Managing Unhandled Exceptions
- Unit Testing Application Logic
Part 3: Advanced Topics
- Working with ASP.NET Core Identity
- Improved Logging with MediatR and Serilog
- Generating Web API clients with NSwag
- Automating Open API Specification and Client Generation
- Integration Tests in ASP.NET Core