Upcoming Session Details
We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm to 9:00pm.
Physical attendance (recommended): SSW Offices
Join us via Live Webcast - click here to join.
Why - 3 Great Reasons to Attend The .NET User Group
* For information on why we spell this the American way.
- Build contacts
Take a look at Recent User Group Sessions.
Every month, SSW hosts the Sydney .NET User Group where developers meet to exchange ideas and listen to presentations by local and international industry experts. Topics focus on .NET development, SharePoint, Xamarin, Cordova and general ALM strategies . We also love discussing the latest industry news and exciting new trends.
Free to attend.
What people are saying
Developers are already good at writing code. Writing reams of code just digs you
deeper into an already deeply specialized skill. What I am proposing is that we
spend less time coding and more time developing skills in other areas that complement
our coding skills. Become a better writer. Become a better speaker. Improve your
personal skills. Participate in the community. Try to spend some time talking to
people instead of the compiler. That's how you distinguish yourself from your peers.
And that's ultimately how you become a better software developer, too.
For people who attend in person at our SSW Neutral Bay venue, we all catch up for pizza and a beer after the meeting. We head over to The Oaks (just over the road) for beautiful oven fired pizza and other delicious meals.
Stuff we talk about?
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web API
- CSS / HTML
- TFS and Scrum
- ALM tooling and processes (e.g. Continuous Integration)
- Office 365
- Hot Sites
- Hot Blogs
Look forward to seeing you there!
I Would Like to Present
Most speakers present in both cities. The Canberra one is first, then we have the Sydney User Group which is live streamed the recording is posted on tv.ssw.com a couple of days later.
Every month the User Group is full of highly technical early adopters of technology and our attendees are always open to seeing presentations on the latest technologies. We welcome companies and guest presenters to present new topics and new gadgets. We do encourage you to delve beyond the sales and marketing pitch and show us how it was built, not just why it was built. Here's a quick list of some tips for presenters:
- Presentation needs to be directed at a highly technical audience (No sales pitch)
- Introduce new technology
- Samples and giveaway prizes for attendees are great
- Prior to the meeting do a rehearsal - make a time with Adam
- Send a summary of your presentation for inclusion into the SSW Newsletter (one week prior to the User Group)
- Your session will be recorded by the guys from SSW TV straight from the projector cable. Very simpler for presenters
If you think you're up for the challenge and have something new to show us please
contact Adam Cogan.
For the scheduled presenters, we will send you an email before the Sydney .NET User Group to remind you of things you need to bring/do.
Remember, the Sydney presentation is going to be recorded AND streamed live to our website, so our video guys want to make sure you're aware of a few things:
- Please be at the SSW Sydney Offices at 5:00 so we have enough time to get everything up and running properly. You can find the directions to our office here.
- Make sure that your laptop has a HDMI, Display Port, or a DVI connection. (Basically anything besides VGA)
- It would also be helpful to already have VS2012, 2013, 2015 Productivity Tools installed on your computer as per the rule Do you enable presentation mode in Visual Studio?
- For more tips and tricks on better ways to enhance your presentations, read through our Rules to Better Powerpoint Presentations.
- You will need to create 3 questions based on your presentation, to go with the video once it goes live. Please have these ready when you arrive to present
Who Organizes It?
The User Group is organized by its president Adam Cogan and vice president Eric Phan, who can be contacted at SSW on +61 2 9953 3000. Contact Adam directly via mobile on 04 1985 1995, or by email at his profile.
Past SSW Newsletters
By signing up for our newsletter you'll be kept informed about the latest upcoming
developer events and news. The User Group topic will only be known in advance to
recipients of the SSW Update so make sure you sign up so that you're guaranteed
that the topic at the next meeting is exactly what you're interested in. See previous
Past SSW Newsletters.
I'm Sold...What's Next?
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive NETUG updates!
You can advertise here as well - we get 46,000 unique visits a month