With over 13 years Software and Database development experience, Justin has worked on many large and small projects with varying technologies. Justin started out developing in CPM in the early 80's but professionally since 1996 from Visual Basic 3.0 moving into the web world in asp/asp.net 1.0 then 5 years as a Java Swing developer. During this time also providing interop solutions between C# and Java Axis webservices and legacy systems.
For the last 3 years Justin's focus has been purely on .NET Solutions with SQL Server from ASP.NET to WPF/Silverlight, Business Intelligence/PerformancePoint, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Disaster Recovery, Specification gathering and Solution Architecture.
Justin is SSW's Group Project Manager with responsibility of reviewing and working with Project Managers to ensure projects meet their realase goals.
Whilst at SSW Justin has worked with over 30 clients as well as providing training and code audit solutions.
Below are some of Justin's larger projects:
ASP.NET 2.0 Application with a Windows Workflow foundation distributed system for document processing
Ernst & Young
Database Administration and Disaster Recovery Project from Sydney to Melbourne as well as auditing 100 instances of SQL Server with various versions and service packs across the organistation.
Silverlight Asset tracking line of business application. Porting an existing application from Access to Silverlight to offer as a SOA offering.
ASP.NET Dynamic Data application providing funding for Community Grants and Reporting with SQL 2005 back end.
Project Managing a 6 month Rostering, Employee, Training and Equipment management application developed in ASP.NET Dynamic Data, Silverlight and SQL Server 2005.
Travelled to Wellington to work with the great team of Intergen to assist in delivering a PerformancePoint 2007 application to a goverment organisation.
.NET COM add-in for socket programming to talk between a Visual Basic application and Java application
UTS Short Course
Teaching entire course of SQL Server 2005 for Developers and Business Intelligence as a Short Course at the University of Technology Sydney. Justin has tought this course in complete twice over the past 2 years. Also teching the ASP.NET and Windows Forms Developer short course.
User Group Presentations
- Code Camp 2009 April 2009 - 6 Design Patterns every Developer should know
- Sydney .NET User Group March 2009 - 6 Design Patterns every Developer should know
- Canberra .NET User Group March 2009 - Design Patterns every Developer should know
- Sydney .NET User Group January 2009 - Top 15 SQL Server DBA Tasks for SQL Server 2005/2008
- Canberra .NET User Group January 2009 - Top 15 SQL Server DBA Tasks for SQL Server 2005/2008
SQL NZ Pass Conference Wellington December 2008
- Top 15 SQL Server DBA Tasks for SQL Server 2005/2008
- TSQL Enhancements for Developers
- LINQ Smackdown with Adam Cogan
- Canberra .NET User Group November 2008 - SQL Server 2008 Spatial Data
- Sydney .NET User Group November 2008 - SQL Server 2008 Spatial Data with Adam Cogan
- Sydney Business & Technology User Group October 2008 - SQL Server 2008 for Developers
- Newcastle Coders Group June 2008 - ORM Smackdown - LINQ to Entities vs nHibernate
- SSW Techbreakfast March 2008 - SQL 2005/2008 T-SQL Enhancements and CLR Integration
- Code Camp 2008 March 2008 - ORM Smackdown - LINQ to Entities vs nHibernate with Adam Cogan
- SSW TechBreakfast February 2008 - ORM Smackdown - LINQ to Entities vs nHibernate with Adam Cogan
- Wollongong .NET Users Group September 2007 - Windows Workfow State Machines
- Wollongong .NET Users Group August 2007 - Visual Studio for Database Professionals (Data Dude)
Interested in what Justin can do for you?
Contact Justin's Account Manager to discuss your project
or call on +61 2 9953 3000