Appointments - Do you make your team meetings easy to find?
When joining a new team, it's easy to be lost and not know when the important meetings are (like the Daily Scrum, or the next Sprint Review). Broadly, use Teams as the appointment source (rather than Outlook) then the benefit is that you can have a tab where you see it in the context of the team. Then, when a new member joins a Team they do not have to go looking for the appointment, and can easily join the call.
- Open up the Team's SharePoint site (you can find this easily by going to the Files tab and clicking Open in SharePoint)
- Go to the SharePoint site's Home page (from the menu on the left)
- Add a new page
- Add a Group Calendar web part to the page
- Publish the page
- In Teams, click add a new SharePoint tab to the Team
- Select the newly published SharePoint page
- Click Save
- All done, now all you need to do is setup some meetings for the channel (see rule: Do you know how to create recurring teams meetings for a channel?)! 😀
Make sure you pick "SharePoint" tab (as opposed to "Website" tab) for best possible integration:
Warning: Only the organizer of a meeting can make changes to it and Teams offers no ability to transfer ownership of that meeting. To be fair you also can’t change meeting owners in Exchange.
Vote for this UserVoice item (that describes that the Teams team is working on delegation for Teams meetings but no ETA). https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34050022-ms-teams-meeting-delegation