- Price (excluding GST)
- Full Day
This course is available to groups of 5 up to 15 people by appointment. Please email
or call us on (02) 9953 3000 if you are interested in booking this course.
ALM and VS2013 in a Day:
This full day training course brings developers up-to-speed on the new features and benefits of Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server 2013. With detailed insight into project management using Scrum and testing using the Microsoft Test Manager. Attendees will leave with a strong understanding of how to embrace TFS 2013 in their organization.
Session 1: Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server 2013
Team Foundation Server 2013 (TFS) for Successful Project Management
Visual Studio Ultimate (formerly Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) are the cornerstones of development on the Microsoft .NET platform. These are the best tools for a project manager to have successful projects and for the developers to have a focused and smooth software development process.
Come and see Adam Cogan, Microsoft Regional Director, VSTS Champ and Chief Architect from SSW show you:
- How to successfully gather requirements with User stories/Product Backlog Items
- The right way to use work items
- The way to complete a work items and send a 'done'
- How to use templates for your standard work items
- The extra work items that developers always forget
- What is good and bad about Excel and Project integration
- What you can use from the built in reporting as well as the Project portals available from the SharePoint dashboard
- The important reports to give your Project Manager
Walk away knowing how to see your project health and progress. Visual Studio Ultimate is designed to help address many of these traditional problems faced by project managers. It does so by providing a set of integrated tools to help teams improve their software development activities and to help project managers better support the software development processes.
During this session we will cover the lifecycle of creating work items and tracking of releases using Visual Studio Ultimate and Team Foundation Server.
Visual Studio 2013 and TFS (formerly Team System) - An ALM Overview
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 ALM (formerly Team System) Team System is an integrated software development platform to build the mission-critical applications that businesses depend on. It extends Visual Studio's integrated and productive experience from the developer to the entire development team, by delivering powerful new role-based tools for software architects, developers, testers and project managers (or Scrum Masters if you are agile). In this session you will see an overview of these tools and how they can improve your software development cycle.
Session 2: Visual Studio 2013 Testing with Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 – Climbing the Agile Testing Ladder
Visual Studio 2013 makes up a large part of a .Net developers life. This session will delve into the 'life of a bug' by taking a walk in the shoes of an everyday bug from discovery to release (and the steps that make up the in between). Come along and check out the new features that will make you happier by making your code better, your job easier, and your team more productive by reducing the obstacles you face in your everyday coding life. Learn:
- What the new features for testers and developers
- How you now care - even if the tester can't reproduce the bug
- How to stop struggling to find the source of the bug in your code
- How can you streamline the testing process and make sure you don't repeat the same bugs
- How to automate more and reproduce bugs easier and discover problems sooner
Session 1: Team Foundation Server
|9:00am||Team Foundation Server 2013 (TFS) for Successful Project Management|
|11:00am||Visual Studio 2013 and TFS (formerly Team System) - An ALM Overview|
|1:00pm||End of Session 1|
Session 2: Climbing the Agile Testing Ladder
|2:00pm||Using Microsoft Test Manager to do Exploratory Testing|
|4:00pm||Tracking a Bug|
|5:00pm||Coded UI tests and Lab Manager|
|6:00pm||End of Session 2|
Suite 13, 81-91 Military Road
Neutral Bay, NSW 2089