- UTS Sydney
- Course has finished for the semester. It will be run again in 2014
This is a practical course for the ICT Industry utilising the latest SQL Server 2012 developed by Microsoft. SQL Server 2012 provides much anticipated improvements to the management studio with the move to Visual Studio shell, as well as new data quality tools and a wealth of programming enhancements. This course provides attendees with the knowledge necessary to take advantage of new features provided by SQL Server 2012. It provides a comprehensive overview of technologies, security and design best practices with particular emphasis on hands-on skills.
On completion of this course, students should have the skills to:
- Learn to administer SQL Server 2012 databases
- Decide whether to migrate to SQL Server 2012
- Develop and write code for SQL Server 2012
- Use SQL Server 2012 reporting services
- Design a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
This course has a particular emphasis on real world applications and skills. Topics covered include:
The major topics covered are:
- SQL Server 2012 Architecture and Components
- Programming SQL Server 2012 with .NET
- Enhancements to Transact-SQL
- Data Quality Services
- Security features
- Geospatial data
| Course Times
||Every Tuesday, 6pm-9pm
| Course Location
||City campus - Building 10
* Systems will be provided during the demonstrations that have all necessary software installed.
- USB Key so you can back up your solution to take home from the labs
- DVD ROM
- Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM or more
- VMWare player (Free from VMWare Player Home ). You are welcome to install VS.NET 2012 and SQL Server 2012 but we don't provide any support - support is provided for the VMWare image.
Instructions for Students: How to log in
- From the "Session Menu" on the login screen, choose the "Windows XP.NET" session
- Type in your username and password. Your vmware image (session) will start automatically.
(You can also start it manually by running the command vmware from a terminal window)